298 Orange Grove Road Salisbury, QLD 4107For Sale
DUAL LIVING ON 658M2 BLOCK IN CENTRAL LOCATION
House - Salisbury QLD
This solid Post War home on 658m2 in popular Salisbury is perfect for the astute buyer looking for a home and income. Built in 1954, its second ever owner is making the sea change to the Coast and is reluctantly selling his home of over 25 years!
With its inviting front façade and access to local transport, shops and university, this property is a must see if you’re an investor or first home owner. The home itself has retained many original features and delights with its timber flooring and windows, high ceilings accentuated by the ornate cornicing and period light fittings.
A separate independent granny flat to the rear of the home has its own access and will net you a nice little rental income of approximately $220 per week if you decide to let it out. Enter via an enclosed porch and step through to a functional kitchen/dining area complete with air-conditioning unit and ceiling fans. The separate bedroom and bathroom with shower, toilet and vanity plus wardrobe complete this private self-contained flat.
Nothing to be done here but move in and use the extra income from letting out the granny flat to a university student/lecturer from Griffith University or perhaps a potential private tenant to help pay off the mortgage. You may also be a family with a teenager that would absolutely love their own private space whilst still having the security of his or her parents nearby!
Features at a glance:
• Master bedroom has a ceiling fan and beautiful built-in timber wardrobes
• Main bathroom has separate shower with hydro-rain 2-in-1 shower head, vanity and toilet
• Second and third bedrooms are a great size with ceiling fans in both rooms
• Modern kitchen with dishwasher, electric oven, double stainless steel sink and large pantry
• Open plan living/dining room has an air-conditioning unit, ceiling fans and double doors to front porch
• Elegant parquetry flooring in the lounge area with double doors to the hallway
• Step downstairs to a laundry, separate shower plus toilet and second living or home office
• A separate and private fully self-contained granny flat sits at the rear of the home
• Large double carport to the back of the property plus off-street parking
• A good sized workshop under the house for the home handy-person including loads of storage
• Two rainwater tanks; 2,000 and 5,000 litre plus a vegetable garden for growing your own veges
• 3¼ kw Solar Panels for keeping those electricity bills at a minimum
• Secure 658m2 backyard which can be fully fenced at the front for extra peace of mind
• Aldi is literally at your doorstep (100 metres) for those last minute grocery items
• Walk to Griffith University and save on petrol or public transport costs
• Keep your car at home and hop on the bus to the CBD, the bus stop is just out the front!
Salisbury is fast becoming the up and coming suburb of Southern Brisbane. Being only 10km from the Brisbane CBD and providing easy access to the M1 and only a short drive to Westfield Garden City, Sunnybank Plaza and Market Square, you can see why people are choosing to live here. Salisbury has many well-regarded State and Catholic schools to choose from in the area, such as St Pius X, Brisbane Christian College, Salisbury State School and even 2 popular C&K Kindergartens and childcare centres.
A short walk will take you to Toohey Forest (where you can enjoy a picnic and a bushwalk with your family), Westfield Garden City, Sunnybank Plaza, Market Square Moorooka, Rocklea Markets, QE2 Hospital or take the M1 to the city and be there in 15 minutes.
Give Mark Ward a call on 0434 917 766 if you would like some more information.
- 4 bed
- 3 bath
- 2 Parking Spaces
- Land is 658 m²
- 2 Garage
- Built In Robes
- Rumpus Room