11 Lily St Salisbury, QLD 4107Sold $650,000
ECLECTIC OLD QUEENSLANDER ON A 1454M2 ALLOTMENT
House Sold - Salisbury QLD
The indoor fireplace keeps the house warm in Winter and the breeze through the louvers cools the home during Summer. Step inside the front door of this beautifully presented old Queenslander and be greeted by the warmth of the polished wooden floors on the wrap around front sun deck. Enjoy the privacy that the surrounding trees and bamboo provide.
Enjoy a cup of tea in the sunshine on your front veranda while watching the sunrise over the cute workers cottage across the road. Entertain friends in the living room or host a BBQ in the covered entertainment area overlooking your own private rainforest in your backyard. Whatever you decide to do, this home provides the quintessential Queensland lifestyle you’ve been waiting for.
If you didn’t want such a large block you could create a second block at the rear of the house. The house could be retained in the same position and a driveway would lead down to the rear block. There are several fantastic options with this unique property!
*subject to approval by Brisbane City Council.*
• 3 spacious bedrooms (main with built-ins and window seat with storage)
• Wrap around sunroom/deck with polished wooden floors and louvers
• Living and dining room featuring indoor fireplace (in good working order)
• VJ walls, high ornate ceilings and period light fittings throughout
• Large kitchen with alcove for stove, good storage and loads of bench space, fan and walk-in pantry close by
• Open-air original bathroom with separate bath and shower
• Separate toilet upstairs and downstairs
• Study area off bathroom with storage units in sunroom
• Enclosed back veranda with internal stairs leading downstairs
• Tandem garage with enormous storage area/rumpus room, extra toilet, shower and laundry underneath the home
• Covered entertainment area with BBQ overlooking your own living rainforest
• Clumping (non-invasive) bamboo surrounding the home (statement ghost bamboo at the front, gracilis hedging down the side and ornamental buddha belly at the back)
• Security bars on front windows
• New roof (only 18 months old)
• 1,454m2 block of land with potential to subdividable
One of the oldest (and most charming) homes in Salisbury, the sellers are the 2nd family to ever own the house – previously owned by 3 generations of the same family. Located in a cul-de-sac street of mostly home owners, this home has great character and good bones with beautiful, traditional old Queenslander features.
Within walking distance to the train station, multiple bus stops, trendy cafes and the shopping strips on Lillian Ave, this home would suit families or investors perfectly.
Salisbury is fast becoming the go-to suburb with families and young professionals who work in the city and want access to public transport to get them there quickly. There are multiple parks in the suburb, highly regarded schools, kindergartens and childcare centres, as well as a fantastic community feel. Toohey Forest is also close by, where you can take your family for picnics, BBQ’s and bushwalks amongst nature. There is even a bike track surrounding the suburb with easy access from your front door.
Aldi is located a short drive away, as is QE2 Hospital, Griffith University (Nathan Campus), Westfield Garden City Shopping Centre, restaurants in Sunnybank, the Rocklea Markets and much, much more! There is also easy access to the M1, where you can drive to the city in 20 minutes.
Come along to one of our open homes, or give Mark a call on 0434 917 766 to inspect this gorgeous home before it’s gone.
- 3 bed
- 1 bath
- 2 Parking Spaces
- Land is 1454 m²
- 2 Garage